Are you a book lover? Are you already taking any of CUI’s Spanish courses in Buenos Aires? If the answer is yes, then this recommendation would be perfect for you: borrow a book from CUI’s library in the language you are learning. How? Find more info on this article!
CUI (Centro Universitario de Idiomas) has a very interesting and immersive proposition for all book lovers out there in their Academic Community: you can now borrow a book written in the language you are learning from CUI’s library. This complementary activity, completely free of charge, has the main purpose of improving the language learning process and extend the cultural immersion experience outside the classroom.
From classic argentinian novels to history books, the library has many options to choose from: What about El Aleph by famous author Jorge Luis Borges? Or the amazing Rayuela by Julio Cortázar? Since there’s a lot to explore when it comes to Argentinian literature it’ll be a good option to check out the more suitable book for you with your Spanish teacher.
To benefit from this academic activity, you need to follow very simple rules:
- You need to be already a student at CUI.
- The duration of the loan would last for two weeks from the moment of the withdrawal.
- You can borrow up to two books from the library, in which case the loan would last for four weeks (two weeks for each book).
- The book withdrawal/return must be on a Friday in the CUI’s venue of your choice (Agronomía, Centro 1, Belgrano 1, Caballito, Olivos or Palermo). Check out CUI’s main website (ES) to find more information on the venues.
- You can solicit to extend the duration of the loan up to one more week.
- In the case of returning back the book upon expiration date, you may not be able to borrow books anymore or you may be charged with a cash penalty.
To borrow a book from CUI’s library, you need to fill in this form with your personal information. Then, choose the language of your choice and pick a title. Keep in mind that the form is in Spanish, so do not hesitate to ask if you have any doubts!